Thursday, October 4, 2012

October in the Garden



In late August I installed a front garden at my rental house, investing as little time and money as possible since I don't plan to be there long.

It is simply amazing how fast the garden has filled in.  The two roses I purchased for $3 and $6  ( Knockouts ) are very happy in their new home.  The Lantana has performed beautifully , going from a neglected , scrawny plant in a small pot to a good size shrub filled with beautiful flowers.  The Japanese silvergrass have tassles at the top and the Mums have dropped their original blooms and developed new ones in a very short time because they were planted rather early.

Here's the amazing  transformation of my front garden .


October is still warm here in North Carolina with temperatures in the mid-80's so there is still a lot of gardening left to be done.  Don't look too close or you'll see the weeds I have yet to pull.  A gardener's work is never done.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...